Thursday, September 29, 2005

My first outline

My first outline was rejected. I did something on how teacher should use setting in the two form 5 novel “the Jungle of Hope” and “the Return” and use the cultural setting in the novel and relate it with the students cultural knowledge of the setting to read the novel but, My supervisor said my outline was more like the implication for teaching that we all have to do at the end of the research paper.

She suggested I do material selection of reading text and how setting is to be considered in choosing these texts or some thing similar to that. She even shows me a research paper she did on “ principles of Material Selection in the Teaching of Reading” and asks me to make a copy of it for my reference in doing my research paper. I was very grateful that she was so willing to help me but unfortunately the literary text in secondary schools are “prescribe” by the ministry of education so, I can’t really comment on how they should be choosing the text for the students in secondary schools. It is by the way an academic paper that I am writing and don’t want to sound as if I am anti establishment or anti government.

No comments: