Monday, September 19, 2005

See-saw


“There are many ways to describe life, one way I can describe it it’s a see-saw, going up and down.” This is what someone in her online diary wrote and I share her view in some respect.
Today the 19th of September, my Lecture gave our class a sample copy of a research paper by our senior. I just past up my position paper last week and this week I have to start worrying about my Research paper again, just when you start having some fun going up the see-saw you are on your way down again.
This Research paper may prove to be a bigger challenge than my position paper, for my position paper my lecture was kind enough to help me through with my thesis statement and all, but for my supervisor, well not much meeting was conducted and I really don’t know if every thing will go smoothly.
My lecture gave me good advices today, do what your target audience like, or was it write what your target audience like? Don’t quite recall his exact words, but basically I need to put into consideration the target audience “my Supervisor” because I will be writing for them so might as well imagine my self to be a salesmen trying to convince my costumer to bye what I have to sale. In my case my thesis statement and my supporting points.
My supervisor Dr. Fauziah taught me about reading and I learn from her a lot of useful knowledge and terms like prior knowledge and top-down, bottom-up reading skills so it would be the basis for what I will probably be focusing on.
The form five novels is an interesting topic than I wanted to do my small research on. the novels like “the Return” is fill with Indian cultural references, the novel “Jungle Of Hope” rich with Malay culture but the novella “the Pearl” has no Chinese cultural references, strange? And the way in which different state would do different novels I suppose is because places with dense population of a particular ethnicity was put under consideration of distribution of navels so the students prior knowledge, background knowledge must have play a part.
There must be a final section entitle “Implications for Education or Teaching” in my research paper, so if I am doing text already in the syllabus it would be easier to relate to this requirement stated. Hopefully everything go as plan. Than up see-saw I go again haha.

No comments: