Friday, August 19, 2005

The allusive snake

Need those five points for my thesis statement. It’s hard to write about something that you don’t get much textual evident to support. The snake in the Drover’s wife appears and disappears under the house how do you write about something that is absent most of the time in the story? To top it all up I need to some how convince reader that the snake is a male intrusion in to female space (the Drover’s wife)
I thought it would be quicker and easier to look for textual evidence if I choose a short text compare to a novel but unfortunately now it seems that it backfire in a sense that I can’t find any point from the text to actually aid me in my quest for those five points.
Well like what my lecturer said the snake appear and disappear like the absent husband there should be some point I could dig up and I will see what happen this coming Monday, hopefully most of my point are relevant and can be accepted by my lecturer.

No comments: