Monday, March 08, 2010

kml CNY 2010 ( 6/3/2010)


















CNY This year WAS not under my supervision but I must say it was a great  performance by the students I was quite surprise to see so many of the students performing are actually students that I know.I guess if I was the teacher in charge  like last year I would have been even closer with them.

compare to my CNY celebration last year I would say this year 2010 the performance was stronger in  term of the dancing  performances. I did not have any dancing performances last year( not enough time to practice) this year we see the cheongsam on KML stage which was something I always wanted but none of my students had one . This year there was a group of girls wearing them even the MC was wearing it. 

The Timbalan Pengarah ( En Kamarudin) wanted yee sung for CNY next year and KJ science En Saat ask to prepare for it next year with Tanglong festival throw in the mix as well Because there was none this year. 

it was very hard for me last year when i did the Tanglong( mooncake) festival and 2009 cny.

  The Pengarah was not very in to it  mostly because we don't have any budget given for college activities so I have a very tough time making it happen. so much so that this year 2010 I did nothing for these CNY and Moon cake festival events. 

well we still don't have much money but now the people in-charge want us to organize  these events

unlike last year so.....should i get involve and organize these events again next year???

I must say I mis the fun of organizing Chinese festival events, I got to know the students better, they get to show case their talent and they get a certificate for their hard work but truly organizing these even is stressful. especially if you are the Teacher in  charge. well I would just like to say "it Bring out the best in my students but the worst in me" I learn a lot from these activities and its fun and all but.... it just feel  that it is too much work and too little time.

we need to borrow a lot of things, transport is a problem , money is always a problem and all that work for just one night? all that time and energy for 2-3 hours of performances. Do students need this kind of extra burden? do I want it?  

 


4 comments:

-san- said...

wow.. seem like better than laz year o... so long baru update your blog.. hehe.. how r u recently?

Brian said...

Hai susan
thanks for reading my blog =)

KML block blogging and facebook. only this month they unblock Blogging but facebook is still block. =(

i will try to update loh.
CNY this year was so-so lah
I still like last year better.

Brian said...

i will try to post more picture when i get them

-san- said...

haha..lol.. ok.. i will wait n c the pic.. hehe..