Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bougainvillea

    The poem:To a Shrub

by Ee Tiang Hong 

Is about the plant Bougainvillea,

a flower also know as

Paper flower (Bunga kertas) in Bahasa.

I analyze this poem in my university days

And why you ask I mention this poem here?

Well, it's a great poem by a local Malaysian poet,

And the sight of the flower under my Block made me

Reminiscent about this poem.

the poet, 

Describing the flower as

What happy combination

Of the hardy and the beautiful” 

 

Beauty and hardy /tough

an unusual combination

But that is essentially what it is,

 It can survive

Through drought and monsoon”

And it also have “conceal fierce thorns” 

but its still a flower with its beauty

when everything around is brown and yellow,

its still green lush and beautiful. 













No comments: